IT Job Description Business Applications Manager *** FREE *** JD0023 (5 pages)
The primary purpose of this role is to manage and coordinate the analysis, evaluation, development, testing and implementation of Company X’s software applications. The role also covers the efficient functioning and day to day running of the business applications.
The Business Applications Manager is responsible for:
- Managing Company X’s Application Development Team including the planning, coordination and review of work plans for applications development staff; assigning work activities, projects and programs; reviewing and evaluating work practices and processes.
- Recruiting new Business Applications staff to meet the changing demands of the business.
- Analysing business systems to determine effectiveness; identifying inadequacies, inefficiencies and problems; developing system specifications and recommending application software development.
- Ensuring that effective liaison and communication is maintained with end-users, suppliers and management, such that problems can be minimised and opportunities identified. This will include the operation of effective application change control.
- Managing Company X’s applications on a day to day basis including troubleshooting and providing 3rd level support for these applications. This will include providing remedial support for all operational failures ensuring that initial resolutions are followed up with full corrective actions.
- Preparing estimates for Company X’s Business Applications Support Officers to ensure the success of defined projects. This will ensure that agreed delivery dates and quality attributes are met as defined in Service Level Agreements and business plans.
- Ensuring that end-users are appropriately trained on all necessary applications.
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: