IT Job Description Service Desk Supervisor *** FREE *** JD0035 (5 pages)
The primary purpose of this role is to establish, develop and manage the national Service Desk within Company X. The Service Desk is to be the first point of contact for any IT related issues.
The Service Desk Supervisor is responsible for:
- Supervising the day to day Service Desk operations for Company X.
- Overseeing the planning and implementation of appropriate technology solutions for the service support function, which will meet the evolving business needs and end-user service expectations.
- Developing effective resource management plans to ensure that service levels are maintained during periods of high demand.
- Providing 1st level IT support for all Company X end-users. This will include Incident Management.
- Managing the national team of Service Desk Officers. This includes taking overall responsibility for recruitment and retention of Service Desk staff.
- Ensuring that Service Desk staff are equipped with the appropriate knowledge and skills to handle Company X end-user’s IT related problems or issues.
- Along with the Service Delivery Manager and other Company X IT resources, devising and maintaining processes (ITIL based) that ensure all IT issues are managed, and that robust escalation procedures are in place.
- Influencing the Service Management and Service Improvement agenda within Company X.
- Along with the Service Delivery Manager, ensuring systems are in place to monitor peaks, troughs and trends in customer demand.
- Maintaining high levels of end-user satisfaction with the services provided by the Service Desk through empathy and understanding of the impact of incidents on the end-user’s business.
- Generally enhancing and developing the respect and value of the Service Desk across Company X.
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: