IT Job Description Service Desk Officer *** FREE *** JD0034 (3 pages)
The primary purpose of this role is to provide 1st level IT support to Company X end-users.
The Service Desk Officer is responsible for:
- Resolving IT service calls (incidents and requests) at the first point of contact.
- Communicating with Company X users and resolving their IT issues in a positive and supportive manner.
- Working as a member of a team that provides focused customer service.
- Facilitating the Service Desk’s role as the central coordination point for all IT related issues.
- Recording, categorising and prioritising all calls reported to the IT Service Desk and escalating calls to support staff by actively monitoring the status of calls to ensure that response and rectification times are within expected parameters.
- Escalating service interruptions and/or faults that are ongoing.
- Liaising effectively with external 3rd party hardware and software service providers to provide coordinated and timely services for our users.
- Actively and fairly participating in the Service Desk roster to ensure that effective support is provided to customers at all times during our hours of operation.
- Actively participating in the Service Desk continuous improvement program.
- Maintaining up to date documentation of standard technical procedures and ensuring compliance to these standards.
- Taking the initiative to continually develop local site knowledge, technical expertise and professional skills.
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: