IT Job Description Senior Engineer Network and Security *** FREE *** JD0032
The primary purpose of this position is to ensure that the Company X network is effectively managed and maintained to meet the needs of the business and that IT security risks are minimised through the implementation of best practice processes and tools.
The Senior Engineer – Network and Security is responsible for:
- Providing 3rd level network and security infrastructure support and trouble shooting for service requests and incidents raised by the Service Desk.
- In conjunction with the Infrastructure and Technical Services Manager, making recommendations for improvements to the network and security infrastructure to reduce risk, improve IT service and maintain a stable and scalable foundation for business growth.
- Maintaining accurate and up to date documentation on the current network infrastructure.
- Maintaining awareness of the latest security risks, exploits and vulnerabilities and maintaining up to date security patch levels and virus signatures to ensure the Company X network is secured to the levels required by the business.
- Reporting any security violations to Company X Senior Management.
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of a network security policy.
- Assisting in the design and implementation of future network technologies and security tools.
- Training technical staff on the usage of security and networking tools.
- Working with 3rd party vendors to ensure continuity of network services to Company X.
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: